By decorating for Easter, you welcome spring into your home. You will find that Easter decorations are not complicated or elaborate as compared to other holidays. You won’t spend hours constructing an Easter tree or attaching bunny-shaped lights to your roof. Instead, focus on the small touches to spruce up your home, like Easter table decorations, and make things festive. Try one or all of these Easter decor ideas to make your home look lovely.
1. Add Flowers – Placing a vase full of spring flowers on your dining table is a very simple way to decorate for the holiday. Choose a vase with an Easter-themed print on it or in a pastel color. Flowers that bloom in spring, such as delicate daffodils or pretty tulips, are perfect.
2. Look For Easter Linens – A tea towel or dish cloth with a bunny or egg stitched or screen-printed on it is an incredibly simple way for you to decorate for the holiday. Look for Easter-themed tablecloths or cloth napkins. Choose Easter table linens with a delicate floral print or embroidery if you want something more subtle. If you don’t want linens with prints on them at all, choose solid color linens in pastel hues.
3. Fill a Basket or Bowl With Eggs – You can make Easter baskets and use them to decorate your house whether you have children or not. Plastic eggs are the least expensive option and possibly the easiest. You can also find more delicate porcelain eggs with pretty patterns painted on them or wooden eggs, which are much more sturdy. Another option is to dye intact egg shells and arrange them in a basket. Choose a traditional wicker basket or, if you want a more modern decoration, pick a wire mesh or iron basket or even use a pretty bowl to place the eggs in. Line the basket with grass clippings or paper shreds to cushion and protect the eggs.
4. Hang a Wreath – From straw wreaths wrapped in ribbon to evergreen wreaths decorated with sparkling Easter eggs, Easter wreaths come in a range of styles. If you feel crafty, string several plastic eggs or hollowed out eggshells together end to end and shape into a circle for a home-made wreath.
5. Let Candles Light the Way – By scattering wrapped Easter egg candy at the base of candles across a surface you turn plain pillar or taper candles into easy Easter decorations. Line a hurricane vase with Easter-themed pebbles, marbles or candies, and set a pillar candle on top.
These Easter decor ideas are sure to make your house sparkle with freshness and Easter spirit, and do not require much time or effort on your part. Start decorating today!
Find More Easter Decorations Articles